Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's freedom again?



I love the country I live in. I hate most of the people who live here, but I love this country. Now here's a prime example of why I hate the people. These brainless conformists who have picked a cause because everyone was doing it, chant "USA, USA, USA, USA!!!", completely oblivious to the fact that they are doing nothing more than strengthening the stereotype that so many foreigners label us all with. They think they're doing right by rallying against this guy's protest, but what are they really doing? They're alienating his right to protest. They're taking away his freedom to speak and to express himself. Why not just tear down the entire structure that we base our freedoms on? Screw it, just burn the constitution, who needs it anyway? I mean, if the majority are doing it, we don't need to think for ourselves, right? God knows nothing good ever comes from that. Let's just follow the herd and "bah" like the good sheep we are. The thing that really kills me is that this took place at an institution for higher learning. A huge university. Why do we even try to better ourselves if we can't even learn respect and tolerance by the time we enter college? Just goes to show you that we value our lies more than our truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment