Tuesday, November 8, 2011
The latest polls still show Herman Cain is in front of the pack in the GOP race...well, he and Mitt Romney are neck and neck. That, in itself, is absolutely horrifying.
1. He quoted Pokemon in the closing statements of a debate, and instead of being honest, he cited "a poet." Did it not occur to him to maybe, possibly get on the internet and find a more meaningful, less generic statement from an actual reputable source? That wasn't the first or last time he has quoted the great poet Pokemon.
2. He has referred to himself as both "The Hermanator" and "Cornbread." This person who wants to run the country and act as Commander in Chief wants the Secret Service to call him Cornbread.
3. Cain has proposed the 9-9-9 tax plan. This plan is a total ripoff of The Sims. The economy of a struggling nation would benefit from the utilization of a computer game's economic plans?
4. On numerous occasions, Cain has lacked the knowledge necessary to answer questions about foreign policy. Yet, he cites half the American public as "clueless" in his book. The same person who called a country "Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan" instead of Uzbekistan and cited that country as "significant and small" despite the fact that Uzbekistan has been vital to our efforts in Afghanistan implies that half the population is beneath him? That's fine for just anyone, but it's not so fine for a Presidential candidate. Foreign leaders are already looking at him distastefully which cannot be beneficial for American foreign affairs if this guy wins.
5. Numerous women have now come forward and accused him of sexual harassment. Not just one. Not just one type of situation. A variety of women each with their own story to tell.
6. He was quoted as saying "I myself have 12 hats, and each one represents a different personality. Why just be yourself?" So, we want a guy with 12 different personalities running things?
7. He called reporters who quote the exact words coming out of his mouth "stupid" and called comedian Jon Stewart a racist for doing what he always does.
Isn't that enough to wake people up? Not hardly it seems which is unfortunate. I suppose some people actually believe him when he says he has been marked as blessed by Jesus because of his J shaped scar.